Dairyland Auto Insurance Review | The bank rate
Dairyland Insurance sells affordable and reliable products auto insurance policies since 1953. For the past 60 years, the company has specialized in serving high-risk drivers who are struggling to obtain standard coverage due to bad credit or a bad driving record. Dairyland auto insurance is one of the only providers to sell SR-22 and non-owner insurance.
We’ve looked at company coverage, discounts, customer satisfaction ratings, and financial strength to help people looking for auto insurance determine if it’s the right option for them.
Dairyland auto insurance
Dairyland only sells auto and motorcycle insurance policies, which means the company has specific expertise in these areas. Dairyland also offers insurance for high risk drivers in addition to standard auto insurance policies. For every driver, Dairyland promises affordable coverage and excellent customer service.
Dairyland offers minimum and full coverage auto insurance policies that meet state requirements. It also offers some additional coverages, non-owner insurance and SR-22 insurance. Here is a complete list of blankets available from Dairyland, which include:
- Basic coverage: Dairyland sells Third Party Liability, Collision, Full Medical Payments, and Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist coverage.
- Protection against personal injury: Personal injury protection is required in no-fault states. He pays for injuries and medical bills after an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Non-owner insurance: Non-owners insurance protects the insured against liability if they drive another person’s car and are in an accident. This is usually a good option for people who don’t own a car but occasionally borrow a friend or family member’s vehicle.
- SR-22 certificate: Those who have been convicted of a DUI / DWI will likely need an SR-22 to prove that they carry the state’s required minimum insurance coverage. Dairyland offers same day SR-22 certificates free.
- Towing and work: Towing and Labor coverage pays for towing to a nearby body shop when the car breaks down.
- Rental reimbursement: Rental reimbursement coverage pays for a rental car while the insured person’s vehicle is being serviced.
- Privilege holder: The lien holder coverage pays to repair custom vehicle upgrades after an accident.
- Special equipment: Special equipment coverage will pay to repair damage to special equipment, such as a car stereo, after an accident.
Dairyland also offers several discounts for more savings, including:
- Advanced quote (at least one week before the policy start date)
- Frequency of payments (quarterly, semi-annually or annually)
- Defensive driving course
- Anti-theft device
Reasons why Dairyland is a great option
Drivers who find it difficult to purchase standard auto insurance due to their credit score or driving record should consider a Dairyland auto insurance policy. The company specializes in high risk policies, so most drivers who apply are approved. Dairyland auto insurance is even available for those with expired coverage.
Dairyland is also a good option for drivers who need SR-22 insurance after a DUI or license suspension. The certificate can be purchased online and Dairyland will file the documentation with the state of the insured person the same day. The company will not increase their fare for drivers with an SR-22, and there are no fees or surcharges.
Dairyland offers a flexible allocation plan for drivers on a budget, which most insurance companies do not. Drivers can choose to pay their policy annually, twice a year, quarterly, or monthly. The plan also includes reinstatement and reissue options in most states, so there is less risk of forfeiture of coverage.
While Dairyland is a good option for high-risk drivers, it may not be the best option for drivers with a good credit score and a clean driving record, who can probably get a cheaper rate and better coverage options elsewhere.
Dairyland Ratings, Reviews, Customer Satisfaction & Complaints
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||A +|
|AM best||A + (superior)|
|NAIC Complaints Index||4.42 (above average complaints)|
Dairyland third party insurance reviews indicate that the company has strengths and weaknesses. the BBB gives Dairyland an A + rating, but the company has an average rating of one in five stars. In addition, Dairyland has higher than average complaints according to the NAIC Complaints Index. The company is currently not rated by JD Power and Associates.
However, Dairyland has excellent financial strength. The company has an A + rating of AM best, which is considered “superior”. Financially sound insurers have enough liquidity to pay claims soon after they occur.
Additional policies offered by Dairyland
In addition to auto insurance, Dairyland also sells motorcycle insurance. Motorcycle insurance Dairyland covers all types of bikes and includes a variety of policy options. the blankets available for motorcycles includes:
- Basic coverage (collision, comprehensive, liability and medical payments)
- Coverage for uninsured / underinsured motorists (bodily injury and property damage)
- Guest passenger
- Optional / special equipment
- Physical damage plus
- Protection against personal injury
- Rental reimbursement
- Replacement cost
- Roadside assistance
In addition to excellent coverage options, Dairyland also offers motorcycle insurance discounts, comprising:
- Multi cycle
- Home ownership
- HOG member (Harley Owners Group)
- Group of runners
- Transfer discount
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best auto insurance company?
The best auto insurance company is different for every driver. Some companies are better suited for drivers who want great rates, while others are better suited for drivers who want the best customer service. To find the best auto insurance company, it is usually best to research carriers to compare what they are offering. Those having trouble finding the right fit should consider speaking with an insurance professional before purchasing.
Where is Dairyland insurance available?
Dairyland sells auto and motorcycle insurance policies in 42 states. However, not all policy options and discounts are available in all states. Additionally, regulations for SR-22 certificates vary from state to state.
What is SR-22 insurance?
SR-22 insurance is a certificate that proves that a driver has the minimum insurance requirements for their state. Not all pilots need an SR-22. Typically, drivers who obtain a DUI / DWI, have their license suspended, get caught driving without insurance or have multiple at-fault accidents are required to obtain it. In most states, an SR-22 will remain on a driver’s record for at least three years. Dairyland offers SR-22 same day insurance to help drivers get back on the road quickly.